We create the future of Kyiv together!
Join us in creating Kyiv's Strategy 2035.
Kyiv is a smart, green, authentic city with competitive conditions for life and self-realization, which offers the maximum comfort for living and doing business, and is the leader of innovative changes in Ukraine. It harmoniously combines the priorities of the European capital, the center of the agglomeration, and comfortable local urban areas.Learn more
About the campaign
Sociological surveys confirmed that the vast majority of residents of the capital are interested in the activities of the city government (77.7% of respondents are "interested" / "mostly interested"). But the level of awareness about initiatives, plans, services, and achievements of city authorities is only 50.4%, while 49.9% of respondents described themselves as unfamiliar with these activities. 56% of the questioned Kyiv citizens believe that they are not involved in the public dialogue on determining the priorities of the city and the decision-making process of the city authorities.
Considering this data, the Kyiv State City Administration has launched an information and communication campaign for presentation and public discussion of the long-term priorities, goals, and objectives of Kyiv's development. The campaign will help create a systematic, sustainable and consistent interaction with the target groups as part of the drafting of the City of Kyiv Development Strategy in 2035.Learn more
Stages of campaign implementation
- 1 Organize public discussions on long-term priorities, goals, and tasks of Kyiv development with a wide range of stakeholders.
- 2 Organize roundtables in focus groups and expert groups of the Working Group on Kyiv Strategy 2035 development to develop proposals on strategic goals and priorities of Kyiv development.
- 3 Based on the results of the expert group meetings of the Working group on Kyiv Strategy 2035 development, the presentation and discussion of long-term priorities, goals, and tasks of Kyiv development presented by the public and experts to the city administration, members of Kyiv City Council and a large number of interested people.
Strategic goals are priority directions for the development of the city of Greater Kyiv, united according to the subject matters and areas of responsibility of the city government.
Strategic Goal 1
Creating a comfortable and environmentally friendly urban space
To ensure the sustainable development of the city it is necessary to carry out an innovative modernization of urban infrastructure: water supply, heat and power supply, and transport systems. Realization of the goal also means providing stable urban mobility, polycentric balanced development of the city, effective system of control and planning of development, planning of housing zones and centers of attraction of traffic flows, increasing of the safety of residents and guests of the city and ecological standards, improvement of urban space, restoration of landscapes and development of green areas, creating conditions for the healthy lifestyle and sports. A separate task is to improve the health of the inhabitants of the metropolis.
- Modernizing the system of public services and improving the quality of housing
- Provision of sustainable urban mobility
- Polycentric balanced development and improvement of urban space
- Preservation and development of the natural environment, minimization of the negative impact on the environment
- Ensuring law and order and safety of citizens and guests of the city
- Development of the system of social services, ensuring gender equality, development of a tolerant and inclusive society
- Organizing an effective system to provide medical services
- Creating conditions for sports and healthy lifestyles
Strategic Goal 2
High-quality economic environment based on the development of innovative services and industries based on smart specialization
An important task is to provide a favorable environment for life, work, and human development, the functioning of businesses, the formation of an effective system of employment assistance, and the acquisition of competencies. Realization of the task provides creation of objects of innovative infrastructure, increasing the investment attractiveness of the city, development of smart specialization as a driving force for economic growth, support of small and medium business and the process of entrepreneurial opening as well as the development of the educational system which would guarantee the acquisition of necessary skills.
- Creation and promotion of innovation infrastructure facilities, improvement of investment attractiveness
- Development of smart specialization (ICT, pharmaceuticals and medical services, creative industries, etc.) and support of the entrepreneurial start
- Creation of comfortable environment and support of internationalization of business
- Development of the educational system and acquisition of skills
- Formation of a progressive and comprehensively developed young generation
Strategic Goal 3
Development of the capital as a cultural and tourist center
The strategic goal is the restoration, development, and effective use of historical, cultural, and tourist potential, restoration and preservation of cultural heritage sites, as well as the development of creative industries – the engines of innovative transformations in society, contemporary art, and cultural ecosystem. Conducting activities to attract tourists and the promotion of Kyiv in the international arena will strengthen the image of the capital as a cultural and tourist center of Eastern Europe.
- Preservation of objects of historical and cultural heritage
- Development of cultural environment and support of creative industries, promotion of cultural events
- Development of tourism and tourism infrastructure
- Providing the cultural development of all segments of the population and the formation of national identity
Strategic Goal 4
Effective management of the city and development of the suburban area
The strategic goal is to develop an effective and coordinated system of city management taking into account the development of Kyiv as a metropolitan agglomeration, implementation of a gender approach in the local government policy, and democratic instruments in the city management system. Achievement of this goal covers a wide range of management functions and tasks, which are supposed to be transformed into a digital format to increase the transparency of the city government and establish an effective dialogue “power – society”. A separate block of tasks to achieve this goal is the development of a reasonable digital space and public services, improvement of the system of providing administrative services, and the like.
- Development of the city management system and forms of the public dialogue
- Development of the Kyiv agglomeration
- Development of the digital space and public services
- Modernization of the communication space and promotion of the city of Kyiv
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting (July 21, 2021). City managementDiscussing the priorities, goals, and objectives of effective management of a modern metropolis.
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting (July 20, 2021). Information and communication technologies.Discussing the priorities, goals, and objectives of information and communication technologiesas one of the priority areas of the smart city of Kyiv.
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting: (July 19, 2021). Industry and Entrepreneurship Development. Labor market. Investments. Administrative servicesDiscussing the priorities, goals, and objectives of industry and entrepreneurship development, in particular, the priorities of smart specialization, development of human potential and labor ...
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting (July 16, 2021). Transport and Urban Mobility.Discussing the priorities, goals, and objectives of the development of transport infrastructure of the capital and provision of urban mobility.
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting (July 15, 2021). Social support and assistance. Health care and a healthy lifestyle. Education.Discussing the priorities, goals, and objectives for the development of social support and assistance, health care and healthy lifestyles, metropolitan education.
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting: (July 13, 2021). Urban Development and Land Relations. Public spaces.Discussing the priorities, goals, and objectives for the harmonious development and development of the city, taking into account the interests of society, business, and government, and ensuring ...
Kyiv 2035 expert group meeting (July 12, 2021)Discussing the priorities, goals, and objectives of tourism and culture development, preservation of the historical and cultural heritage, and development of creative industries as one of the ...
Public Talk Kyiv 2035 (July 8, 2021)Public discussion of the ideas and proposals from Kyiv residents to improve the quality of life in the capital within the framework of the Kyiv Development Strategy project for the period till ...
Comfortable and safe Kyiv in 2035: public discussions about the vision of the future city took place in the capitalFor two days the public and experts were discussing the ideas and proposals of Kyiv residents, which aim to change the capital for the better. Public Talk Kyiv 2035 took place in the capital on July ...
The first Public Talk Kyiv 2035 on the visions of the capital city development (+ online streaming) started in the capitalThe presentation of the ideas and proposals for the vision of the capital city development until 2035, authored by the residents of Kyiv, started today in the capital. The event was opened by ...
Gathering ideas and proposals for the long-term development priorities of Kyiv to 2035 is continuedCollection of ideas and proposals on long-term goals and priorities of Kyiv development up to 2035 extended until June 1, 2021. This was announced in the Department of Economy and Investments KMDA. ...
Mykola Povoroznyk: Nearly a hundred Kyiv citizens offered their suggestions about the Kyiv Development Strategy 2035Nearly a hundred citizens of Kyiv have already taken part in the survey of ideas and proposals for the Kyiv Development Strategy-2035. The first deputy head of KMDA Mykola Povoroznyk announced this ...
Розвиток мережі громадського транспортуЧи погоджуєтесь Ви з тим, що розвинута мережа громадського транспорту сприятиме менш активному користуванню приватними автівками (без втрати мобільності) і, як наслідок, дозволить зменшити рівень ...
Опитування щодо ефективності ОСББВ ході обговорення експертними групами питань ЖКГ та облаштування комфортного міського простору прозвучали наступні тези: Необхідність розташування важливих сервісних закладів у 15-хвилинній ...
Request the presentation
Using the form you can leave your information and receive a presentation of long-term priorities, goals, and objectives for the development of the city of Kyiv by e-mail.